[Coco] Possible remedy for old yellow

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sat May 1 21:25:41 EDT 2004

theother_bob at yahoo.com writes:

> Thanks for the info Robert... somehow I missed this post before. I'm not
sure
>  what happened to these cases either, they were all given to me pretty badly
>  yellowed. I'll try some tests and let you all know. I think ultimately I
may
>  just recommend spray paint. ;-) (I've thought about a black & silver CoCo3)

Did you know that the original silver case Coco 1s are actually black plastic
with the silver paint sprayed on?  Years ago, someone's case got scratched
up, so he took it apart and bathed both halves of his case in paint stripper.
And got a shiny midnite black Coco!  It twisted a lot of heads when brought to
a meeting.

But given the blah white/beighe/whatever yellow case II and III models, I
agree that a lime yellow or fire truck red paint job could be a real worthwhile
addition :-)  --Mike K.