[Coco] odd JOYSTK behavior

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Sun May 30 00:35:31 EDT 2004

This is baffling me... all along I know that JOYSTK(0/1) is LEFT and
JOYSTK(2/3) is RIGHT.

So why does my CoCo3P read just the opposite? I plug a joystick into either
port and the opposite command from what *should* be correct is working. Can
anybody offer an explanation for this strangeness?

The ROM is stock SECB, the joystick is standard... I thought I had a bug in my
program, but no... apparently the hardware is working backwards on both axes.

Bob

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it." -Groucho Marx