[Coco] Does DEF FNX for Basic only take one parameter?

Rogelio Perea os9dude at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 31 09:27:37 EST 2004

"John Guin" wrote:

> I was working on a basic program to do something like:
> DEF FNX(A,B)= some function of A and B
> Basic gives a syntax error for this, but my Coco3 book says I can pass a
> parameter list to it.
> I'm assuming the book is wrong, and DEF FNx can only take one paramater,
but
> does anyone know if that's right?

Shucks... I do recall seeing the highly underrated DEF FN function from CoCo
Basic being used to poll the joystick ports in a single and straigthforward
manner, I don't have my books here so I can not really confirm it was
working with two parameters (X & Y joystick positions) or not... I am
interested in seeing someone post an answer on John's question.

-=[ Rogelio ]=-