[Coco] Does DEF FNX for Basic only take one parameter?

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Mar 31 09:05:35 EST 2004

John Guin wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I was working on a basic program to do something like:
> DEF FNX(A,B)= some function of A and B
>
> Basic gives a syntax error for this, but my Coco3 book says I can pass a
> parameter list to it.
>
> I'm assuming the book is wrong, and DEF FNx can only take one paramater, but
> does anyone know if that's right?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Descriptions of DEF FN in both the Quick Reference Guide and Owner's
manual are ambiguous at best. Looking at the code for the routine in the
"Unravelled" books shows that only a single variable is used.

The best way to write a multivariable function would be to use a short
ml routine in a Basic program.