[Coco] Re: CoCo DOS missing from coco3.com FAQ

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Tue Mar 30 18:06:14 EST 2004

Hello Charles

On 03/30/04, Charles D. Shrader II wrote:

> Well this is great!  I subscribed yesterday to this Coco list thinking
> that it might be pretty quiet these days.  Much to my surprise, it
> appears that this list is quite active!
>
> Since I'm new here, I'll introduce myself.  My name is Chuck and I live
> in Knoxville, TN.  I'm in my late 30's and enjoy dabbling on old systems
> quite a bit.  My very first computer was a Coco2 with 16k.  I think I
> turned around within a week and traded it in for a Coco with 64K - that
> was a long time ago so it's tough to remember the details, but I do know
> I upgraded quickly.
>
> I use a Coco emulator these days and still enjoy playing Coco games.  I
> recently replayed a text adventure called Bedlam and finished it.  I
> also played a game called Poltergeist which was interesting a few weeks
> ago.
>
> I also am a big fan of Commodore 64's (and 128's) and Amiga's.  I
> occasionally mess with an Atari 2600 emulator.
>
> Anyone else here from Tennessee and/or a Commodore or Atari fan?
>
> My favorite game of all time on the Color Computer was "Stellar
> Lifeline".  That was a fun game, IMHO, with great sound effects.
> Another good one was "Artillery Duel" - typed in from a Coco magazine.
>
> I never did get into the Coco3, but have heard a lot of good things
> about it.
>
> Thought I'd say hello to all of my fellow Coco fans out there!

Just thought I'd return your "Hey". As you can tell from my tagline, we have
at least a couple computers in common. In fact this is coming to you via a
50hz 060 powered Amiga4000. If you can. come to what will be the last
CoCoFest in Elign, Illinois. I sya this because the sposoring club is
haveing trouble finding enough exhibitors this year to fully fund the
event. They always said that they'd continue to sponsor one until they went
into the red. If you think you'd be interested, get back to me, And I'll
give you all the gory details you;d need to get there.

Cheeres
--
Cruisen                                                    _|_
              on AutoPilot with an Amiga   ---o-( )-o---   and a CoCo

                                             Richard