[Coco] [Color Computer] CoCo DOS missing from coco3.com FAQ

Charles D. Shrader II charles at shrader.com
Tue Mar 30 18:36:16 EST 2004

Well this is great!  I subscribed yesterday to this Coco list thinking
that it might be pretty quiet these days.  Much to my surprise, it
appears that this list is quite active!

Since I'm new here, I'll introduce myself.  My name is Chuck and I live
in Knoxville, TN.  I'm in my late 30's and enjoy dabbling on old systems
quite a bit.  My very first computer was a Coco2 with 16k.  I think I
turned around within a week and traded it in for a Coco with 64K - that
was a long time ago so it's tough to remember the details, but I do know
I upgraded quickly.

I use a Coco emulator these days and still enjoy playing Coco games.  I
recently replayed a text adventure called Bedlam and finished it.  I
also played a game called Poltergeist which was interesting a few weeks
ago.

I also am a big fan of Commodore 64's (and 128's) and Amiga's.  I
occasionally mess with an Atari 2600 emulator.

Anyone else here from Tennessee and/or a Commodore or Atari fan?

My favorite game of all time on the Color Computer was "Stellar
Lifeline".  That was a fun game, IMHO, with great sound effects.
Another good one was "Artillery Duel" - typed in from a Coco magazine.

I never did get into the Coco3, but have heard a lot of good things
about it.

Thought I'd say hello to all of my fellow Coco fans out there!

Chuckster