[Coco] UseNet *"Bit.Listserv.CoCo"* NewsGroup elimination

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Sun Mar 28 22:49:37 EST 2004

At 07:34 PM 3/28/04 -0800, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
>The question is do we wish to encourage the continuation of  UseNet
>*"Bit.Listserv.CoCo"* NewsGroup.
>I do and a tiny few persons posting in the UseNet newsgroup do also, but
>they seem to be unaware of what you are saying will become true as to the
>elimination of the newsgroup.

Stephen,

I'm confused. I don't think I've ever seen a newsgroup actually eliminated.
For example, several years ago, the cakewalk.* newsgroups were abandoned
after Cakewalk began its own news server. When Cakewalk dropped the server
in favor of a web forum, several hundred users who don't like web forums
were looking to begin an alt.* group. It turned out the old cakewalk.*
groups, long ago subject to removal requests, were still present, though
mostly inactive. They are now fully populated again, and even Google has
begun to re-archive them. How exactly will the bit.* groups actually be
eliminated?

Dennis