[Coco] ASCII art in mail/news clients

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 23 07:37:40 EST 2004

Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
><snip>

The message was sent both ways straight text and html. The text version
just has ascii art. The html does not stop the icon in Mozilla but
clearly seems specialized (class=moz-smiley-s4) as you found out. Seems
a strange way to do it but perhaps smileys are not part of the standard.

Normally I don't send html mail but it was the only way to access the
built-in smiley list.