[Coco] ASCII art in mail/news clients

Theodore Evans (Alex) alxevans at concentric.net
Tue Mar 23 01:15:24 EST 2004

On Mar 22, 2004, at 6:58 PM, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:

> Even grep will not help you when the size approaches 4.7 Gigs. Or even
> just
> the collections of old messages that we have archived. I am working on
> that.

Assuming that the collection is unindexed, or you are looking for
characters which have not been indexed, grep, actually fgrep is about
as good as it gets.  Obviously this will take a very long time and an
indexed search would be much better.

> With that comment I believe the place to look is the Internet RFC's. I
> have
> not found those yet, or was it you had to pay big $$$$ to look at them?

I do believe that they were at least suggested in some of the RFCs.
Try:
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/

--
Theodore (Alex) Evans | 2B v ~2B = ?