[Coco] Electricians

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Thu Mar 11 14:05:49 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard E. Crislip" <rcrislip at neo.rr.com>

> Trust me mate, we have regulations here too, that doesn't mean
every follows
> them, but most of us realize that there are good reasons for those
rules.
> One has to be a licensed electrician to wire a house, or their work
has to
> inspected by a licensed electrician if anyone does the work on
their own.

When I was working as an electrician back in New Zealand I used to
ask the inspectors to come double check my work but they'd usually
just say they were sure it was OK!

Hopefully they inspect amateur work much more carefully. I know when
I left in '82 they were moving to a system of master electricians
that did their own inspections.

Neil