[Coco] I'm signing off - 6309 Microprocessor Enhancements

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Tue Mar 9 23:45:01 EST 2004

On "Lou Dobbs" on CNN he had a guest who claimed that the software
being created outside the USA was not only being done for less money
but was of better quality. I believe it. His guest implied (without
specifically stating it) that the problem was with the US
programmers, however in my experience the source of the problems is
poor project management. I spent 3 years working on some very large
software, and the design decisions were made in an unbelievably
arbitrary manner. And forget about using CASE.

But there are plenty of jobs that cannot be offshored. I even looked
at funeral directing, which is basically party planning for a guest
who won't be coming back! The nasty stuff is done by technicians.

Neil