CoCo nuts moving around - - - WAS: [Coco] [Off Topic] Very General Question

Rogelio Perea os9dude at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 31 09:22:19 EST 2004

"Chet" wrote (among other things):

> Well 20 and 1/2 years ago I was living in Yuma, Az while pops was
> attached to the Harrier and Weapons units at the MCAS there I got my
> first CoCo. A brand spankin new white case 64k CoCo I (yes that's a
> ONE). It was one of those BIG suckers but it was sweeeeeet! First
> programs I ran was Marathon (from the '83 Rainbow) and Dungeons of
> Daggorath.

Ah yes... Yuma Arizona, "Hell's Lobby" and that just for the summer temperatures :-)

I recall Marathon by John Fraysse (sp?). I took the daunting task of typing it all in, it was an extra-long listing but well worth the effort; more than that, it also worked as a very well documented tutorial on ML routines and their integration to a Basic program. I never did enter its predecessor to my CoCo stuff: Rainbow Roach, perhaps when I get my hands on that particular Rainbow issue.

> Got tired of the earth shaking every few days so I packed up again and
> went back to Vegas.....again. Of course this was a good thing because it
> I realized exactly why I left in the first place :D
> Did about a year there, got tired of it, and packed up yet again....this
> time to sunny Phx Arizona.
> That was 4 years ago this month and I have absolutely NO intention of
> EVER moving again.

Back to the dessert huh?. I did just the opposite moving from southern AZ to central NJ; still, my wife is holding on to the possibility of going back to AZ sometime in the future... Tucson perhaps. Oh well.

-=[ Rogelio ]=-