[Coco] Old 6809-based computers

Stephen H. Fischer sfischer1 at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 26 17:32:10 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have one to add to the list.

It was an actual product made by Synertek.

I /may/ have the only one that was sold. I have no hints that others were
sold.

I bothered SYNERTEK to get it done and received S/N 0000001.  :D

It was a 6809 CPU replacement for the 6502 CPU in the SYNERTEK SYM-1.

It required a satellite board to provide the correct 6809 Clocks and try to
make the single stepping possible.

The SYM-1 6502 monitor program was rewritten for the 6808 CPU.

I had FLEX running on it but it was the CoCo2 that allowed me to do anything
useful.

--
Stephen H. Fischer <sfischer1 at mindspring.com>