[Coco] Re: CoCo Monitor

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Fri Jun 25 02:29:42 EDT 2004

> I'm not sure but artifact colors may not work on the PAL TV system. At
> the very least, the colors would be quite different.

Almost not. PAL (Phase Alternating Line) was created as an improvement
to the existing NTSC (kidding: "Never The Same Color") system to avoid
those and other effects. In the early days of (color) TV most of the
shown material (movies, etc.) were still black & white. Any fine pattern
would produce those "cross colors" which could be quite anoying.
However, there were some very week color effects but nothing
reproduceable.

Torsten