[Coco] [Color Computer] Plug n' Power Casette Interface

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Fri Jul 30 23:37:34 EDT 2004

In a message dated 7/30/04 10:24:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kevdig at hypersurf.com writes:

>   I have one of these. It is white with on/off controls for 4
>  modules on it. It came with a ROM pack. Do you have that? It does NOT
>  work with a tre. I think the graphics mode used by the ROM code was
>  not supported on the tre.

That's right -- the "Semi-Graphics" modes used in the PnP (and also, I think,
in Audio Spectrum Analyzer) were left out of the Coco III in order to add
other features -- I forget which ones, but ISTR they were much more important
(like the higher-res graphics modes, most likely).

Anyway, you can maybe run a PnP Pak on a III, but you'll be working blind.
--Mike K.