[Coco] first chat room tests "okay"

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Fri Jul 30 23:35:36 EDT 2004

I am proud to announce that the upcoming multi-room chat rooms for
coco3.com was put to it's first little test tonight for a while and the
results were positive.

However....

The session management scheme was faulty in that only one person could be
in any room at any time.  This made it hard to pass a few messages back and
forth, but we were able to do that quite easily once inside the room.  You
just type it in and press ENTER or hit the Send/Refresh key.  Ofcourse, if
someone else entered the room, it kicked you out.  :)  I am just thrilled
to see the system is accepting messages and to know that the concurrency
control appears to be working good.

At this time it looks like I'll have the system ready to use before the
weekend is up.

Cheers,