[Coco] Paypal Email

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Thu Jul 29 23:34:00 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 20:10, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
> At 10:06 PM 7/29/04 -0500, Roger Taylor wrote:
> >What exactly is "slashdotted", and why would it be unfortunate... ?
>
> It's good and bad.

I agree generally with Dennis' description of Slashdot except for the
bad discussion part... there are plenty of uninformed/unpleasant/lame
posts but I do find the best float to the top via the comment moderation
system.

I have to believe that anyway since I often have comments float to the
top :-)

There is a very strong Free and Open Source aspect to the community
there... except for the "Just Buy A Mac" folks and Microsoft
astroturfers pretty much everyone is on the same page. So be aware of
the bias.

-- John.