[Coco] assembly questions?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Mon Jul 26 22:39:40 EDT 2004

David

If you are real careful and have proper alignment marks on the
PCB,  then a hot plate and a lot of liquid flux will do. I recommend
this process for 100 pin BGAs or less.  when you get over 10x10
ball array on the bottom the pictch gets to fine even for a hot plate.

I did the hot plate with method with BGA packages that had 20 mill
balls and 30 mil spacing. Some packages now have 12 mill balls
and 20 mill spacing.

Flip chips are even tighter. I think something like 4 mill balls and 8
mill spacing.

james