[Coco] assembly questions?

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Mon Jul 26 16:51:53 EDT 2004

>From what everyone has told me BGA is a bad option for shorter runs. You
should also consider the fact that rework for problem boards is
prohibitively expensive.

For hobbyist your best bet is to use programmable parts, but don't try
to cram the entire system onto one part. Use more than one if necessary,
that is what we are doing for the Model 100 memory upgrade project where
we are creating our own MMU to map flash and ram into the 64K address
space.

For larger runs you could consider putting the whole system onto one
chip. But then you should probably be considering one of the many off
the shelf microcontrollers that are already out there.

-- John.