[Coco] RomPack

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Thu Jul 22 13:51:40 EDT 2004

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 smostrom at mn.rr.com wrote:

> Art:
>
> What are the odds that the rompack is still operable?  Might the
> battery still be working?  Probably not.  If not, is there any way to
> recharge the battery or to replace it?
>
> -- Steve --

Steve, I'd be surprised if the thing WEREN'T still working.  I have yet to
hear of one whose battery gave out, though that is of course hardly
decisive since most of those I sold were probably long since retired.
The thing recharges to some extent when the computer is in use, so even if
it didn't work initially, it might "come alive" some time after
reinstallation.  I suppose it is possible to replace the battery with
great effort, but I'd doubt it'd be worth the trouble, compared with
finding a new or used Smartwatch to replace it.  The lithium battery is
supposed to last at least 10 years.  There is a 'sleep' mode that would
preserve the battery, but I didn't bother to implement it in my
clock-setting program.

Art