[Coco] speech/orch pak

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 17:42:50 EDT 2004

> I have a general question for everyone. I never owned a speech or orchestra
> pak. How did it work? Could you use it in conjunction with a multipak and
> other rompaks or is that not workable- don't laugh at my ignorance, I am
> trying to learn :)

The Speech pak was all hardware, no ROM software, so you could use it on a
Y-cable or in a multipak without conflicts. I never owned an Orch-90 pak, so
I'm not sure about it. I think it had a ROM though, but could be used without
it, sort of like the RS232 pak.

I have a Y-cable in my repack... one end goes to the speech pak, the other to a
multipak.

Bob