[Coco] Hard drive Format problem and the fix

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Sun Jul 18 12:54:47 EDT 2004

On Jul 18, 2004, at 10:51 AM, Dave Poitras wrote:

> Boisy Asked me to post this. I kept getting a error 208 when I tried
> to format /h0 & /h1.the fix is:
>
> debug
> L RBF
> . .+795  (that is period space period+795)
> =21

Thanks for the post Dave.

The above patch is a fix for RBF ed #37 that came with NitrOS-9/6309
Level 2 V03.02.02.  For NitrOS-9/6809 Level 2, use 7C5 instead of 795.
NitrOS-9 Level 1 users don't need a patch.

This temporary patch gets around a problem with the new SS.VarSect call
that RBF makes to all drivers when opening a path and is required when
using certain RBF drivers like SuperSCSI.

> Then format /h0 gave another error.  Sorry I forgot that one.
>
> This was fixed with this command
>
> Format /h0 /8

format /h0 /8/

Yes, this is because you were formatting a large hard drive, and needed
to specify a larger cluster size than the default of 1.