[Coco] Hard drive Format problem and the fix

Mark Marlette mmarlett at isd.net
Sun Jul 18 12:37:43 EDT 2004

At 11:51 AM 7/18/2004 -0400, you wrote:

Dave,

Depends if you are doing verifies or not. Even with no verifies it will
take along time!!!!

I would recommend that you keep your sector size =1. There are some old
utilities out there that don't look at the cluster size and ASSUME a size
of one! Write to a non cluster of one drive and POOF, there goes your drive
integrity. :(

A 120MB partition is HUGE for NitrOS-9. I have a ton of source on my main
machine and haven't went over the 50MB mark. Almost over 20years of CoCo
data on that drive......

I have crashed my drive, usually happens at the worst time too. The B&B
utilities are all that way.

Regards,

Mark
Cloud-9