[Coco] NITROS9 script problems

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jul 14 18:41:12 EDT 2004

Boisy G. Pitre wrote:

> This rings a distinct bell.  Robert Gault can probably elaborate more on
> this, but I do believe this bug was found and fixed.
>
> On Jul 14, 2004, at 1:32 PM, John Donaldson wrote:
>
>>   I jsut tried something and it worked. I mention in my last posting
>> that I was having a
>> problem with a script erroring a ERROR 221 Module Not found.
>>
>> I changed the script to read
>> gshell <>>>/w& to ghsell <>>>/w1&
>>
>> Chaning it to fork  "W1"  works.
>>
>> When I do a MDIR it shows that "W" is there along with "W1 - W7", but
>> it seems NITROS9
>> could not fine "W" for some reason. I always understood that forking a
>>  "W" ment to fork the
>> next window that is not being used. It looks like if there are no
>> windows other than "TERM" that
>> it will NOT fork  "W1".
>>
>> This worked under the 06/01/2003 relsease but not under the 05/14/2004
>> release.
>>

>> John Donaldson

I'm going to have to review my saved e-mail to this topic because I
don't remember exactly this problem. There were some problems creating
new windows during the merging of several versions of windint for the
project but not exactly the same problem as above.

John, send me by private e-mail the version of NitrOS-9 you are running,
what type of screen you run the script from, and the complete script
that fails and I'll see what happens with the latest release.