[Coco] Portal-9 Questions

Mannequin* mannslists at invigorated.org
Wed Jul 14 10:33:01 EDT 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 01:58:19 -0500
Roger Taylor <rtaylor at bayou.com> wrote:

> >Alright, I just did run into one other problem. I'm not too sure what
> >this is caused by, but I just opened one of the projects that came
> >with the pack you can download off of coco3.com, and Portal-9 pretty
> >much turned everything that was a text field blank, then made the
> >title bar all white. I've never quite seen anything like this before.
> >I was able to close it down, so I still had control... Weird.
>
> Ok, it's important that I know what version of Windows you're using
> and also whether you just opened the project or if you did a build on
> it, etc.

Yeah, I have Windows 98SE installed with all of the current updates from
Microsoft.

> Also, please try this....  uninstall everything and let the installers
> choose c:\Portal-9, the default.  Something is hinting to me that
> there might be a hard-coded path somewhere in the system that needs to
> find something in c:\Portal-9.

Ugh. I hate things installed into my base C:\ directory... but if it
helps development, I will.

Okay, I've done it, and it seems to be working better. But I just opened
Projector-3, and it's doing the blank text field and white title bar
thing again... If I can, I'll get a screenshot of it for you. One other
thing I just noticed, is that it's turning the dropdown menu buttons
into "6"'s and the sidescroll button for the "Snippets", etc tabs in to
"3"'s and "4"'s. But, you'll see all of this in the screenshot...

Okay, nevermind about the screenshot. I've got better information than a
screenshot could hold. I've got 512meg of RAM on this machine, and when
I opened Projector-3 it did what I said above. Then when I tried to to
soome other stuff in Windows, while Portal-9 was still open, Windows was
complaining about being low on system resources. Now, I didn't have
anything else other that Portal-9 open. Maybe it's a memory leak?
Because I don't think that Projector-3 has 512 meg of source. :)

-M.