[Coco] Re: Re: Re: Shell + 2.2a

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Tue Jul 13 14:59:36 EDT 2004

Hi,

> The other thing is that it was very cool to see the modern computing era
> (sans internet...) arrive on my CoCo of all places. No longer just a
> 32X16 screen and BASIC command prompt.
>
> And on an 8-bit machine at that...

	Exactly! OS9 LII came out in the late 80s, right? This was in the
early days of windows and the AT (aka 286) right? It was amazing to see
what
could be done with what started out as a ROM BASIC machine! And it was
multi-
user! Even today can you log into Windows XP remotely?

	Any thoughts as to whether Radio Shack (I guess they preferred being
called Tandy at this time) made money off of OS9?

	Ah, ... Reminds how ticked I am that my CM-8 is dead! Maybe I'll
just watch Jeepers Creepers again. (FYI:  The bonehead on EBay that I
ordered
the sequel from sent me the original ... maybe some kind of shipping
time
warp!)

	And then there's Linux ... Maybe I can live without my CM-8. I
still have my now 14 year old 386 (how old is that in people years?).
It is ALOT slower than my 2.4 GHz P4.

					kevin

P.S.:	Somewhere along this time I bought an AT from someone at work and
	it had XeniX 286 on it. This was pretty cool to(o?). But there was
	no windowing system on it.