[Coco] FOG in MESS fix

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 19:57:05 EDT 2004

--- Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> I've a problem using FOG with MESS .83 and an RGBDOS ROM. The
> installation seems to go as planned but the first time I run FOG, there
> is a function error and the "Houston we have a problem" message.

I have figured out the problem running FOG HD with MESS. It's psuedo-random
data in memory at startup. Holding the Control key down before the loader
finishes loading will force the loader to clear that memory. Didja get that?

So anyone trying to run FOG HD on drive x with MESS will need to type:
RUN"FOG:x[CTRL][Backspace][Enter] (and don't release the CTRL key until you see
the "initializing" message.)

Anyone who wants a permanent fix do the following:
LOAD"FOG
edit line 4 and remove the IF...THEN, but leave the LPOKEGL,0.
SAVE"FOG
RUN

cheers,
Bob