[Coco] A "compile - able" CoCo emulator

John M. Eicher jmeicher at starband.net
Wed Jul 7 13:31:33 EDT 2004

Something I would really love to see but probably never will because of
the copyright on the ROM...

A 100% CoCo 2 emulator that can be rolled together with a set program to
produce a stand alone DOS EXE. Then my favorite programs I write can be
ran on my kid's and family computers without them having to mess with an
emulator. The program would be loaded into the emulator and then a
special function on the emulator's menu would produce a locked down
emulator & CoCo program in an EXE. The EXE would be a straight CoCo
running the program with no way to exit except back to DOS/WIN from the
EXE itself.

I would not mind seeing other emulators with the same feature. It would
be nice to have the ability to post personal programs on websites
without the end user needing to download emulator, have a ROM image,
setup the emulator, etc.

As stated, I seriously doubt anything like it will ever happen, but it
would not be to hard to produce from the current DOS CoCo emulators. It
is more a matter of that curs-ed ROM copyright on the ROM.

Has anyone tried again recently to get the ROM released as PD?

John