[Coco] Re: Mac Users

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Sat Jan 31 13:58:20 EST 2004

Hi Brad,
I could try it on several Macs next week. I tried it with Netscape 4.78
and got the following error (the applet window stays white, nothing else
happens):

Netscape Communications Corporation -- Java 1.1.5

Type '?' for options.

Symantec Java! ByteCode Compiler Version 210.065
Copyright (C) 1996-97 Symantec Corporation
# Verifier error CoCoApplet.destroy()V: Cannot find class
javax/sound/sampled/Line
# Applet exception: class CoCoApplet got a security violation: method
verification error

java.lang.VerifyError: CoCoApplet

  at java.lang.ClassLoader.resolveClass(Compiled Code)

  at netscape.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass1(Compiled Code)

* at netscape.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)

  at netscape.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)

  at
netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$LoadAppletEvent.dispatch(Compiled
Code)

  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread$EventPump.dispatchEvents(Compiled
Code)

  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Compiled Code)

  at
netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$AppletEventDispatchThread.run(Compiled
Code)

Looks like it has something to do with the sound.

Torsten