[Coco] Re: Weather

William Astle lost at l-w.net
Fri Jan 30 09:34:51 EST 2004

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Well, as long as the stove keeps the pipes and feet thawed out, I
> suspect you'll survive just fine, but just like the rest of us, will
> reserve the right to bitch about the weather. :)
>
> Are you anywhere near some decent ice-fishing water?  Fresh hunks of a
> 30 lb big mac might taste pretty good about now.

Hmmm. I'm not sure the heating system in my apartment building is keeping
the pipes thawed. We had one burst this morning and the heat's been
keeping the building just a few degrees above freezing for the better part
of a week. Stupid burst pipe triggered a fire alarm an hour before I had
to get up and I was all comfortable rolled up in my blanket.

As far as ice fishing, it's not too likely in these parts (Calgary area).
The rivers haven't completely frozen and there aren't too many good lakes
around. Not to mention we've been runing with daytime highs above freezing
right up until this current weather system got going. Our snow was just
about gone when the cold weather came.

On the positive side, sunrise has finally gotten earlier than my trek to
work and sunset later than my trek home. (Sunrise at 8:15AM and sunset at
5:25PM)

--
William Astle
finger lost at l-w.net for further information

Geek Code V3.12: GCS/M/S d- s+:+ !a C++ UL++++$ P++ L+++ !E W++ !N w--- !O
!M PS PE V-- Y+ PGP t+@ 5++ X !R tv+@ b+++@ !DI D? G e++ h+ y?