[Coco] Newbie help: Barden Bubble w/ Portal-9

jimcox at miba51.com jimcox at miba51.com
Mon Jan 26 01:41:59 EST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 00:34:11 -0600
  Roger Taylor <rtaylor at bayou.com> wrote:
>At 10:26 PM 1/25/2004 -0800, you wrote:
>>Roger:
>>Sorry to be dense but this is not working.  See comments
>>below.  I am using P9 1.44, will upgrade later.
>

>>On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:54:16 -0600
>>  Roger Taylor <rtaylor at bayou.com> wrote:
>>>Create your project
>>I enter the code and the program wants to save in
>>"MyProject"
>>folder.
>>>Add a target disk called 'bubble' or something similar.
>>Done
>>>Click 'Add New Source Component'
>>Done, and it opens a "Save As" dialog box.
>

>Sorry.
>
>Ok, 'Add Existing Source Component' and point to your
>.asm file.  Add 'New' component starts a fresh file.  My
>bad.  Either way will work, but my example was wrong.
> You can easily cut and paste source code into the 'new'
>component.
>
>You can add this component to MyProject if you want,
>since that's just a default empty project.
>
>Whenever you add a new/blank file to the project, the
>Save As box pops up so you can give it a name, but if you
>hit Cancel, it will be called (untitled) while you work,
>and you will be prompted later for a filename.
>
>P.S. the help files in Portal-9 are very helpful and some
>of the info is a must to know.  The CCASM manual is
>separate documentation.
>
>keep me informed

Roger:

First off, thanks for your help and patience.  Yes, I need
to read the help file again. :)

Here's what happened when I tried to build.  I think it
has to do with me saving the orignal code as a .asm file.

[Syntax] ERROR in line 7 of 'bubble.asm'
{00160 BLS BUB030 GO IF A<=B}

[Syntax] ERROR in line 8 of 'bubble.asm'
{00170 LDB ,X GET SECOND ENTRY}

[Syntax] ERROR in line 9 of 'bubble.asm'
{00180 STB -1,X SWAP B TO A}

[Syntax] ERROR in line 10 of 'bubble.asm'
{00190 STA ,X SWAP A TO B}

[Syntax] ERROR in line 11 of 'bubble.asm'
{00200 LDY #1 SET "CHANGE"}

[Syntax] ERROR in line 13 of 'bubble.asm'
{00220 BNE BUB020 GO IF NOT ONE PASS}

[Syntax] ERROR in line 14 of 'bubble.asm'
{00230 INC PASSNO INCREMENT PASS #}

[Syntax] ERROR in line 15 of 'bubble.asm'
{00240 CMPY #0 TEST CHANGE FLAG}

[Syntax] ERROR in line 16 of 'bubble.asm'
{00250 BNE BUB010 GO IF CHANGE OCCURRED}

[19 lines] [11 Errors] ['bubble.bin' is 19 bytes long]

*BUILD ABORTED*