[Coco] Re: Re: Disk Basic and 512 byte block floppies.

Rodney V Hamilton Rodney_Hamilton at GBRonline.com
Sat Jan 24 20:22:58 EST 2004

In article <200401222140.33912.gene.heskett at verizon.net>,
gene.heskett at verizon.net says...
jimcox at miba51.com wrote:
>[...]
>>Art:
>>
>>Maybe I am confusing Wefax with another program that was
>>listed in Rainbow.  I believe it is a weather mapping
>>program, correct?
>>
>>Jim
>
>The one I ran was from the Rainbow article, but I've NDI (craft thing)
>what issue it was in now.  And yes, it used a radio transmission
>which may not even be being done today.  It would run I'd imagine if
>a src signal could be found.
>
>--
>Cheers, Gene

It was in the February 1985 issue, pages 42-55.
I didn't have a shortwave radio, but a co-worker who was a radio
amateur noted that WEFAX used the same signalling scheme as his
slow-scan TV, so I got him to make me an audio tape of one of
his SSTV sessions for testing.  Once I got the tape recorder's
audio signal from inside the CoCo interfaced correctly, I was
able to "receive" a picture of him sitting in front of his rig.
Considering the number of times the signal was copied, I think
it did extremely well.  So, shortwave ham SSTV could be another
possible source if anyone is still doing that anymore.

Rodney