[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] CoCo Shanghai

Dezorian dezorian at shaw.ca
Sat Jan 24 02:21:00 EST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Rodney V Hamilton wrote:

> Quite true!
> To access the alternate color set on the "choose color set" screen,
> set your joystick pointer on the upper left "P" tile, at the top edge
> of the inside black box, then move horizontally until you are directly
> under the left side of the "S" in "SHANGHAI" and hit the fire button.
>
> You will get an alternate RGB color set with yellow tile borders
> along the left and bottom sides instead of the default dark gray.
> I always found the dark gray edges easier to see but YMMV.

I KNEW it!

I remember hearing about this twelve years ago, just after I'd sold my
Coco...The rumour went something like: the "alternate pallette" was the one the
developer originally wanted, but was asked/forced to change it...

Always cool to hear about this stuff (and even cooler remembering it!)

CJ

--
Personal webpage:
http://conceitedjerk.tripod.com