[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] CoCo Shanghai

Rodney V Hamilton Rodney_Hamilton at GBRonline.com
Sat Jan 24 00:52:23 EST 2004

In article <04012322171101.11732 at storm>,
dezorian at shaw.ca says...
>On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Jim Woolly wrote:
>> My son is selling Shanghai for the Coco on ebay.  No bids as yet.
[...]
>Cool!
>
>I remember hearing a rumour "back in the day" that there was an Easter Egg
>hidden in the game somewhere, that, by clicking on a certain spot, you could
>access a different colour pallette?
>
>Can anyone confirm or deny this?
>CJ

Quite true!
To access the alternate color set on the "choose color set" screen,
set your joystick pointer on the upper left "P" tile, at the top edge
of the inside black box, then move horizontally until you are directly
under the left side of the "S" in "SHANGHAI" and hit the fire button.

You will get an alternate RGB color set with yellow tile borders
along the left and bottom sides instead of the default dark gray.
I always found the dark gray edges easier to see but YMMV.

Rodney Hamilton