[Coco] Re: RETRIEVE utility...

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Jan 23 11:39:55 EST 2004

On Friday 23 January 2004 08:39, Torsten Dittel wrote:
>Cool... and next question: Is there a "write track" command? (Should
> be if you like to "low level" format your disks... ;-))
>
>Torsten

In OS9 I believe there is Torsten, with one provision, if the
requested track is zero, the whole disk is formatted.  For this
command you must have a tracksized buffer, prefilled, including all
the intersector padding data.  The write is I think, tied to the
index pulse for timeing.

That of course is valid for 1773-11793-MB8877 based controllers, the
WD765 chips aren't something I've any great experience with.

IIRC there is also similar call in rsdos, but I've not confirmed that.

--
Cheers, Gene
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap,