[Coco] Re: RETRIEVE utility...

Amardeep S Chana vxlzneo02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Jan 23 08:47:01 EST 2004

"Torsten Dittel" <Torsten at Dittel.info> wrote in
message news:4011240E.1D66DA5 at Dittel.info...
> Cool... and next question: Is there a "write track" command? (Should be
> if you like to "low level" format your disks... ;-))
>
> Torsten

Actually... no.  On the 765 core there is a "format track" command.  You
load the controller with gap sizes, sector size, sector count, etc.  Then
you feed it the "data" portion of the track with each DRQ until it
interrupts out, usually just a bunch of 0xe5 bytes but I suppose you could
fill the sectors with valid data if you had some at the time.

Amardeep