[Coco] 6809 example

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Fri Jan 23 02:50:21 EST 2004

On Saturday 17 January 2004 12:03 am, Roger Taylor wrote:
> The first ML program I ever typed in and saw run was, in fact, the
> bubble sort example from William Barden's 6809 Assembly Language
> Programming book.  It's on page 2 and is the first example given.  I
> immediately saw how fast machine-language was.  Ofcourse, the same
> code ran on a modern computer would sort 512 bytes quicker than you
> could hit the ENTER key.  Barden's 6809 example lets you actually see
> the characters "float" upwards for as long as it takes to sort all
> the characters on the 32x16 screen.  Seeing a ML example run like
> this is important, so I agree that this would be a good thing for a
> starter to enter and try.

It can't do it faster than you hit the ENTER key, since it can't start
until you do that.  Of course it might _finish_ before the ENTER key
gets back to the full upright position.
Ward Griffiths				wdg3rd at comcast.net

On Valentine's Day, millions of men give millions of women flowers,
cards and candy as a heartfelt expression of the emotion that also
motivates men to observe anniversaries and birthdays: fear.
						-- Dave Barry