[Coco] Re: Disk Basic and 512 byte block floppies.

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Thu Jan 22 02:20:17 EST 2004

"John E. Malmberg" schrieb:

> Torsten Dittel wrote:
> > Hi John,
> > I wonder if you ever tried that one. There are so called "3-mode" FD
> > drivers around (only in Japan) which could help accessing other formats
> > (don't know if this really works for a 256 Bytes/sector CoCo-Disk). I
> > found the following instructions to install one:
> [snip]
>
> I am not considering using third party device drivers with Microsoft
> Windows.

[schnipp]

Hi John,
sorry for the confusion, but I addressed that to John Collyer who was
thinking about writing a new device driver. I havent installed XP yet
but if I'll do that I'll try the alternative driver (I have an Asus
board with VIA chipset anyway) and see what happens with RETRIEVE.EXE
and DSKINI.EXE.

Best regards,
Torsten