[Coco] OT Emacs dates (was Re: Odd Date notations)

Theodore Evans (Alex) alxevans at concentric.net
Wed Jan 21 22:32:29 EST 2004

On Jan 21, 2004, at 11:34 AM, KnudsenMJ at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/20/04 10:31:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> alxevans at concentric.net writes:
>
>> It is one of the time notations understood by emacs.
>>  Today is: 12.19.10.17.2 in the long count.
>
> Wow!  How did you get to that part of Emacs that controls date showing?
> I don't recall my Linux Emacs even showing today's date anywhere, or
> inserting it into docs.  --Mike K.

The command "M-x calendar" will put you in calendar mode which splits
the screen in half showing three Gregorian months in the bottom half.
The cursor starts on today's date which you can move with the usual
commands.  The command "p <letter>" will give you the selected date in
some other calendar i.e. "p m" is Mayan.