[Coco] Re: Re: Re: Disk Basic and 512 byte block floppies.

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Wed Jan 21 16:34:17 EST 2004

In a message dated 1/21/04 12:31:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
vxlzneo02 at sneakemail.com writes:

> > Bad move.  I need 720K PC format disks to move data to/from my MM/1.  Yet
>  > another reason to stick with Win98 and Linux.  --Mike K.
>
>  Can't you just format them on the MM/1?

Possibly, but formatting anything on the MM/1 is iffy.  The OS9/68K PC format
disk driver has a lot of "design shortcuts", which is a nicer term than
"bugs."  I'm not sure if the OSK Format command will even do /PC0.  Well, it would
probably give it a good try.

Mine can no longer write HD (1.44M) floppies at all.  And 720K OS9 format
floppies are flaky on both my Coco and the MM/1 (each disk has a few files
renamed BLOCK3.BAD, etc.).  --Mike K.