[coco] A couple of PC hardware questions

Bob Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 17:02:36 EST 2004

--- Ray Watts wrote:

> I am interested in how you did the portable ... especially the
> display.  Can you expand on it?
>
> Griz

Right now (first-stage) I am relying on the standard outputs.
I have a 5.6" LCD in my vehicle with composite inputs. One
day I plan to remove that from the car and mount it (hope-
fully detachable) to the CoCo. When I do that I plan to
attempt to hack the RGB signal into it for a better picture.
It's still surprisingly readable as-is. I can still make out
3x5 pixel text labels on a hi-res screen. Oh, I also have one
of those emergency vehicle battery packs that you're supposed
to be able to recharge your car's dead battery with via the
lighter socket. It makes a great portable PS, if somewhat bulky.

I'll put some pics up soon. I also have my AT repack featuring
lots of internal goodies and my handmade keyboard... man, I love
that keyboard!
www.geocities.com/theother_bob/coco_page/ccrepack.htm

Cheers,
Bob