[Coco] Re: Disk Basic and 512 byte block floppies.

Ray Watts rayanddoraleew at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 19 13:22:38 EST 2004

John E. Malmberg wrote:

<snip>

> My OpenVMS system can not read or write 256 byte block sector
> floppies, and my Microsoft Windows 2000 system can not either.  And
> apparently the newer Microsoft operating systems can not either.  And
> I do not want to have to reboot the Microsoft system down to DOS just
> for reading a floppy image.

<snip>

> -John
> wb8tyw at qsl.net
> Personal Opinion Only

John,  I just installed VirtualPC Windows 2000 emulator on my Mac, then
configured the Command Line window and installed the USB Superdisk
driver.  Haven't had time to  test run it with CoCo disk images, etc.
When you say you have to reboot down to DOS for reading a floppy image I
become confused.  Are you saying the Command Line window in 2000 Pro is
not putting you back into DOS?  This is an important distinction for me
since I run Mac OS 9.1 with no command line capability and VirtualPC is
my only link to what most of you are discussing.  I also plan to use it,
if feasable, for burning CD's that will run on Mark's/Boisy's Super SCSI
CoCo CD.

Thanks,     Griz