[Coco] 6809 example

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jan 18 16:24:33 EST 2004

jimcox at miba51.com wrote:
> This looks a little above the skill set for a newbie like me.  I've sort
> of lost track of this thread, but it looks like the code below is Basic,
> not Assembly.  Right - wrong?
>
> Does anyone have some sample assmbly that they can post privately.
> Also, can someone please remind me again what is the difference between
> running EDASM+ on a CoCo 2 and a CoCo 3
>
> Jim
>
 ><snip>

The thread started with Roger posting an assembly program for a bubble
sort. I posted a Basic equivalent for comparison which really was needed
for beginning programmers to see the differences in high and low level
languages.

The best way to learn assembly in my opinion is to be given a task
either in psuedo code or Basic and be told to convert it to assembly
code. At each point where the student gets stuck, a "what now" questions
should be posted. The answers should be just enough to get the student
to the next "what now".

Having a complete assembly program dropped in your lap will probably not
result in the best learning experience.