[coco] A couple of PC hardware questions

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Jan 16 16:02:09 EST 2004

Ray

What I know about the TAX supply can be put in a thimbal but here
goes.

The supply is different from the AT supply in that it can be remotely
turned off via software control. There is some newer features that
has to do with some of the very high end gaming video cards that
need special power lead of their own and can not be suppplied from
the PCboard and the PCI/AGP connector.

As for the keyboard, both are serial and outside the connector there
only minor differences between them. Mostly in initialization and the
amount of key codes that has to be deciphered from the keyboard
driver routine in the OS.

james