[Coco] Re: Neil's rompak patch list

Rodney V Hamilton Rodney_Hamilton at GBRonline.com
Fri Jan 16 09:30:37 EST 2004

In article <200401160658.i0G6w9Hs013331 at virgo.sdc.org>, Willard Goosey
says...
>I'm pretty sure, at this point, that I've got a good image of the
>ROMPak on disk.
>
>Haven't had any luck with getting it to run, though.  Since Gault's
>transfer program moves the ROM to $3000, and we're guessing the patches
>apply when the image starts at $4000, the pokes should go in $4124 &
>4125, since they're listed at 5124...
>
>I tried pokeing $3124, $4124, $5124, and $6124.  Had some specaturlar
>crashes, but nothing really useful. ;-)
>
>But there's a couple more things to try yet...
>
>Willard

I would suggest searching the ROMPak image for the "before patch"
byte string.  If multiple candidates are found, see which ones
seem to correlate to the listed patch offsets.  As an extra check,
examine the code being patched to see if it looks reasonable.
>From the list posted, the patches mostly looked like NOPs.

Rodney