[Coco] Jingo - Jango - Mars

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Thu Jan 15 20:22:24 EST 2004

At best it would have been used in one of the many experiments
that were often carried on board in the early days. I do know that in
some of the first 10 missions some of the experiments used RCA
1802 CPUs only because at the time they were the only CMOS
radiation hardened ICs. SOme where around STS 20 to 30 some of
the experiments actually used Aplle IIEs as the controller for data
accumallation.

It would not surprise me if one or two experiments actually used a
variant of the COCO and OS9 for a controller to run an experiment
or two. But as for actual controlling the shuttlem, not in one's wildest
dream.

james