[Coco] Re: off-topic, space program

Brad Grier bradgrier at cox.net
Wed Jan 14 19:40:04 EST 2004

jdaggett at gate.net wrote:

> Brad
>
> I rather had more far reaching visions. I would like to see at least a
> unman probe to Saturn's Moon Titan. We already have one
> scheduled for Europa. Titan is interesting, it is larger than the planet
> Mercury and has an atmosphere. Be nice to get a view of Saturn
> Rising on a frosty morning of about -270 degrees F.
>
> james

James,

You're not going to have to wait very long. The Saturn probe Cassini is
scheduled to release a probe that will hopefully land on Titan next
January. It's not known whether the probe will touch down on land or an
ocean of methane. Very cool - both literally and figuratively.

http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/index.cfm

Europa also deserves some special attention because of the possibility
of life in the ocean beneath the icy crust.

Brad