[Coco] Re: Interrupt Confusion

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Mon Jan 12 22:31:56 EST 2004

>>I can sympathize with your wife.  I saw it with my parents when I was a
>>little kid, and spent most of the movie out talking with the lady that made
>>the popcorn.  When the creature comes out of the water and starts to reach
>>over the side of the boat, oh, man, shivers just thinking about it.  That
>>was one mean movie !!
>>-- Steve --

We need to get back to the good ole times of real horror movies.  They used
to go so far as to vibrate the theatre seats, bring in props while the
movie was playing, etc.  I'm not from that age, but I've seen and heard all
the stories.  If you're over 30, you've probably seen it all, so it takes a
pretty freaky movie to raise my brow.  I end up laughing or giggling during
most of today's horror movies.

Special effects are totally OUT for me with horror movies.  That is, all of
the new digital effects you see in the more expensive movies.  They can
keep them.  If I can tell it's digital, it's not working, and even with an
R rating, it seems that the movie might have been aimed at kids who know
nothing about the digital effects fad of today's movies.  Now, I'm
expecting to see them, and sure enough, there's an obvious effect that
kills the whole movie for me.

Might I suggest two horror movies that work without special effects... and
they are Jeepers Creepers II, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre II.  Those
are definately the kind of movies for the couch date.