Micro Adventures Re: [Coco] The silient night

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Mon Jan 12 01:40:35 EST 2004

>Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 11:22:06 -0600
>From: Perry M Dueck <pmdueck at shaw.ca>

>Hey, that sounds awefully familiar. I seem to recall borrowing a book from
>the school library back in 1986....I think it must have been one of those
>Micro Adventure series books.

Probably.  My school library had various books of BASIC programs but
these were the only ones with a story running through them.

>Anyways, at the time I had a 5K Commodore VIC-20, which I had just
>purchased used (my first computer!) and was reading one of those books and
>typing in those programs from the book. The book I borrowed had something
>about a Cyclops, if I remember correctly.

The VIC-20 wasn't much of a machine...

A Cyclops, eh?  Not one of the two I have, but there were at least 7
other books in the series...

>dismayed to find out that all those cool CoCo 1 and 2 games showed up in
>black & white (PMODE 4 graphics) on the CM-8. Tandy really should have
>included composite video input on the CM-8!!!!!!!

It is certainly annoying.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA