[Coco] DSK transfer to CoCo disk

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Sat Jan 10 19:56:37 EST 2004

At 06:04 AM 1/11/2004 +1000, you wrote:
>I have been helping a CoCo user who is unfamiliar with the method of
>transfer from DSK to real CoCo disks. I have described the DSKINI.EXE
>utility but am wondering if there is now a better way to do the transfer.
>
>DSKINI.EXE doesn't seem to like Windows XP's DOS shell.
>
>Is there a easy to use Windows program to do the transfer?
>
>Nick

Not in XP, and I think 2000 and/or ME suffers as well from this.  I always
boot up with an old Windows 98 startup disk that gives me an MSDOS mode, so
it's not the hardware, it's the fact that Billy Boy has somehow figured out
that people people want to read/write non-PC disks from Windows, and
apparently he doesn't like it.  What else could be the reason?  :)